Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Excuse me, can I have just a minute of your time?

So this past weekend in an effort to educate the community on Women in Progress and get some support I hit the streets at the Silverlake Farmer's Market. Since Silverlake is a notable bohemian/ hippy community I figured this was a good place to start. I was in good company with my clipboard along side Get out the Vote, Greenpeace, and some guy raising money for his indie film. I coerced casual shoppers to give me a few minutes of their time while I spouted off about the benefits of the organization and our role in their progress. As always there was an overwhelming urge for people to just ignore me and continue with their shopping but there were a few smiling faces. I have yet to see any hits to our email or giving site for my three hours in the sun but I am optimistic.

Another email conversation with Renae over in Ghana ended with the fact that her internet connection keeps kicking her offline as she is trying to send me a copy of their current database. Grrr. With time running short I am eager to start work on this. I can say that I will get some of it done on my flights back to NC for Thanksgiving but I know better. I will be dead to the world asleep before the wheels are even up. So the earlier we get this the better.

That is about all that is happening right now. More to come soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home